The American company Kohler is famous for luxury plumbing. It was founded in the 19th century by Austrian John Michael Kohler and since then has never disappointed its customers. In 1883, he heated a cast-iron trough for horses to 1700 degrees and, covering it with enamel, created the world’s first enameled bath. This was the key to the company’s unprecedented success and the emergence of the best kohler toilet. Interestingly, during World War II, the company produced mines and shells for the US armed forces.
Since 2018, Kohler has been the official sponsor of the legendary Manchester United club. Their logo flaunts on players’ t-shirts, symbolizing the unity of advanced innovations and the desire to make the world a better place. After all, the company also produces furniture, engines, electric generators, owns a chain of hotels in the USA and Scotland, golf courses, a center for art and design.
However, millions of Americans fell in love with Kohler precisely for their “smart” plumbing.
Kohler K-23158-0 lintelle
The average person spends 25 years living in bed, 10 years at work and 36 months in the toilet. Therefore, developers tirelessly compete in the hope of bringing to the market the most comfortable and functional models of plumbing. One of these is Kohler lintelle. It combines traditional design and modern technology.
- The Comfort Height function offers seats like a soft armchair, and Class Five technology generates an ultra-powerful flow of water. This was made possible thanks to the enlarged valve, whose diameter is 3.25 inches (in conventional toilets it is equal to 2.8-3 inches). Class Five also involves the use of an additional water jet, which guarantees the disposal of all sewage in one click. At the same time, a full flush is carried out with an extremely minimal volume, in accordance with LEED and Green Building certification standards.
- More information about this model can be obtained by reading kohler lintelle toilet reviews. You can be sure it is the best kohler toilet.
Kohler K-3901-NPR-0 Numi Comfort
Smart toiletries appeared in Japan in the late 20th century. At first glance, they did not seem to be any different from their predecessors, but it was worth using such a device once to feel the huge difference. The bidet function, heated seats, built-in player – and this is not a complete list of advantages.
Especially worth mentioning is K-3901-NPR-0. This model has a touch screen that allows you to control the settings of the toilet. With their help it is possible to create individual presettings for several people. It is also designed to interact with smartphones, PDAs, tablets and other devices that support Bluetooth. The only requirement is that they must be within 33 feet of each other.
- It should be noted that last year at the consumer electronics exhibition CES was presented an updated model – Numi 2.0. It was included in the top novelties of the best toilets 2019. The toilet has built-in speakers with surround sound, background lighting on LEDs and support for voice assistant Amazon Alexa. It will be available to order on Amazon in the second half of the year, as well as other new kohler toilets.
- The developers of Numi 2.0 guarantee a “full immersion” experience with numerous improvements. The lucky owner will be able to use voice commands to turn on his favorite tracks and adjust the correct light, while the toilet will automatically lift the PureWarmth seat and adjust its temperature.
- Other features include a self-propelling cleaning system, a hair dryer, Surround Sound, and surfing the internet using the built-in Wi-Fi point. Numi 2.0 is easily called the best kohler toilet.
K-5401-PA-0 deserves just as much attention. It falls into the category of high end toilets. The model has an elongated bowl and saves up to eight inches of free space, which is so lacking in the bathroom. It weighs only 86 pounds and is not larger than 26.1 x 17.2 x 21 inches.
The K-5401-PA-0 has an automatic cleaning function. All fasteners are hidden, making the product seamless and perfectly smooth. Both contactless and manual flush programs work. The drying system with a special rod conveys warm air, creating a feeling of softness and comfort.
- The water supply can be standard, pulsating or oscillating. It is carried out by a nozzle made of stainless alloy, which is used in the production of surgical instruments. This material prevents the formation of mineral deposits and the spread of harmful bacteria. At the end of the process, the nozzle cleans itself by flushing with clean water.
- Of course, the set includes a touch screen remote control. It is the one of best kohler toilet.
Kohler K-77780-0 Karing 2.0
If you’re a fan of minimalism, you’ll love the K-77780-0 from the smart kohler line. It has an ergonomic design and nothing extra. The toilet is made of stainless steel. This material has a lot of advantages:
- Resistance to aggressive chemical environments. Acids contained in household chemicals can spoil polymer concrete and faience. As a rule, these are oxalic and hydrochloric acids. Stainless steel, however, will remain intact.
- Resistance to corrosive processes. Constant contact with water does not affect the appearance and performance of the toilet.
- Shock-resistant. Stainless steel of impressive thickness cannot be broken or bent.
- It’s hygienic. On a polished metal surface, no bacteria will multiply.
The K-77780-0 weighs 99 pounds with packaging and is 26.5 x 16.7 x 21 inches in size. Importantly, it does not need any additional power sources. A powerful 1.08 gallon flush system provides significant water savings. In particular, up to 16,500 gallons of water per year, compared to a 3.5-gallon toilet, without compromising performance.
It is worth noting that the K-77780-0 runs on a Power Lite system. It uses a 0.2 horsepower pump to flush the toilet without a reservoir.
Difficulties in operation of this model practically do not arise. The only thing that you need to spend more time on is installation. Improper installation can result in leaks. Therefore, it is better to entrust the matter to a master. As a last resort, get detailed advice from a representative of the kohler toilets or a specialist of a sanitary salon.
The futuristic design without a cistern will surprise even the most sophisticated user. K-4026-0 can become the central art object of your bathroom, setting the style of the whole room. And the smooth curves, compact shape of the bowl and self-cleaning function will make care as easy as possible.
- Temperature control, dryer, hand-operated lid that opens and closes, colourful lighting for night use, and a charcoal filter to neutralise odours. All this will be at the disposal of the happy owner of the K-4026-0.
- The model works on Power Flush. It’s a technology that implies power pressure. So, the toilet uses less water but flushes with more force than the gravity type model.
K-4026-0 has a built-in bidet, a device that washes delicate parts of the body. So it allows you to solve several hygiene problems at a time. Inside the device there is already a water heater, a tank for disinfectant solution and a carbon filter for air cleaning. At the user’s signal (buttons on the control system), the water is sprayed at the desired temperature. Usually this is done without chemical agents, but if desired you can add an aromatic solution to the tank. Before and after operation, the spray nozzles are rinsed with a disinfectant.
- In addition, the toilet is equipped with an anti-splash system. It does an excellent job of spraying during operation. The technology works thanks to a shelf inside the bowl. The specific smell of the drain will also not be disturbed by the presence of a shutter.
- Start getting to know “smart” sanitary ware with K-4026-0, and it will definitely become your best kohler toilet.
Kohler K-5402-0 Veil
Super compact smart model with wall mounted type of installation. All parts are ergonomically equipped, so the toilet does not take up much space. However, when installing it, you should consider that it should be 12 inches away from the wall.
This model, like the kohler cavata toilet, has a double drain mechanism. It regulates the amount of water and allows the bowl to be cleaned in one go. If you wish, you can reduce the flow rate by choosing the smallest head jet and eliminating the pulsating flow to the nozzle.
- The design includes a seat microlift. The cover lowers smoothly and quietly without interference. There is an automatic flush, which outputs to the sewer system at the command of the sensor. The latter reacts instantly to the need to dispose of the contents. Plus deodorization system. The device draws in air and removes unpleasant odours, turning the bathroom into an island of purity and freshness.
- All functions are easy to operate remotely from the remote control.
- Please note that the K-5402-0 requires AA batteries to operate.
Kohler K-3950-0 Tresham
Simple yet elegant and time-tested model. It has been on the market since 2011 and is among the top rated toilets. Today it is one of the most common options for apartments and private homes. This popularity is due to several factors: high quality, affordable price, long warranty period. In addition, it is easy to select spare parts for the product, which minimizes the cost of repair and installation.
- K-3950-0 consists of two sections, that is, the tank and the bowl are separate. An elongated bowl provides additional comfort. If you like it, pay attention to the kohler elliston toilet – a more budget option.
- Separate decoration is worth highlighting. The whole Tresham series is made in the style of Shaker. It appeared in religious groups of England, who immigrated to America in the late 18th century. For the characteristic shake, performed during the rites, they were called shakers. They believed that the way to salvation was through rejection of worldly pleasures and hard work. “Practical means beautiful,” the shakers said. That’s why K-3950-0 skillfully combines strict geometry, conciseness and functionality.
- The model is presented in white, black, almond, milk, gray, graphite and other pastel shades.
Innovative features and productivity improvements have made the Wellworth sanitary ware series a benchmark of quality since 1936. Its characteristic feature is the excellent execution of streamlined forms.
This model consists of a tank K-4467-T and a bowl K-4199. It has a standard height and an elongated shape. The Class Five technology ensures 100% leakproofness. The precise drain mechanism creates a powerful pressure of 1.28 gallons. This model is similar to the kohler elmbrook in terms of technical characteristics, but a number of differences make it more expensive.
The K-3999-T-7 is WaterSense certified. That is, it is EPA-approved as a high efficiency unit with minimal water consumption.
Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa
Kohler k-3810 will delight fans of classic and Scandinavian style. It integrates all the constituent elements into a single whole. This minimises the number of stitches and makes cleaning much easier. The bowl is elongated, but so compact that it takes up the same space as a round bowl. This is especially true for smaller apartments.
The Comfort Height function offers a comfortable, height-adjustable fit, making it easier to load on the back when lifting. This design makes the toilet comfortable for the elderly and those who have problems with the spine. It is worth noting that the same property has a kohler valiant toilet.
- The system, corresponding to WaterSense, makes a real environmental protector from an ordinary user. It uses 20% less water than in standard toilets.
- The flushing is very quiet. Only in the first seconds you will hear a slight noise.
- A Brevia Quiet-Close plastic seat can be included. It has unique Grip-Tight pads. They securely hold the product in place, preventing movement. The lid closes slowly, without cotton.
Kohler K-6428-7 Memoirs
If you read the toilet ratings, you will see – this model is available in online stores since 2015. It is no wonder that it has already managed to win the love of customers. It has everything you need: 1.28 GPF volume, WaterSense certification, extended bowl, polished chrome handle. The solid body minimises the presence of secluded corners where bacteria and dust can accumulate, which is essential for hygiene.
It is worth noting the simple installation, which was made possible thanks to the patented ReadyLock system . It eliminates the need to drill holes in the floor and provides maximum stability of the device. If you have any problems with installation, customer service will advise you on the right way out. This is why Kohler is always on the list of the best toilet brand.
K-6428-7 was created within the Memoirs collection. It reflects the spirit of the 20’s and 30’s, bringing together art deco and neoclassicism that is rich in detail. Strict lines, elegant forms, discreet chic – all this is designed to emphasize the owner’s refined taste
- The bathroom, equipped with Memoirs bathroom fixtures, will look elegant and modern at the same time. The perfect company K-6428-7 will be a floor bidet with a vertical shower and a sink from the same series.
- Please note that the main techniques of art deco are contrast, asymmetry and luxury. Therefore, in addition to the set you can also choose a Kohler lamp with gilded inserts and a vintage mirror with mother-of-pearl.
- Together with the toilet, you get the soft seat of Glenbury made of durable, dirt-resistant plastic. It is equipped with innovative technology that prevents it from slamming, makes cleaning and installation easier. Importantly, Glenbury is suitable for most Kohler long bowl toilets.
Floor toilet monoblock. The development was based on the main rules of ergonomics, multifunctionality and maximum tightness. The design is designed in such a way that all the nodes and joints that create a threat of leakage are eliminated. Thousands of Americans consider this model the best kohler toilet.
- In the market of sanitary ware “monoliths” are more expensive than their sectional counterparts, but much more interesting in terms of design. They are produced for fans of creative approach, who do not spare money for the exclusive. For work of monoblocks it is not necessary to install a tank separately. Accordingly, there will be no need for details for its connection and seals for connections.
- The toilet is made of special porcelain, which contains white clay, quartz and feldspar.
Thanks to its multi-component composition, it is famous for its strength, hygiene, minimal percentage of porosity and water absorption (only 0.5%). Thus, K-3826-58 has a glossy surface that repels dirt, does not absorb odors and retains its original color for many years. But the sanitary ware made of earthenware acquires yellowness with time. This property makes K-3826-58 the best kohler toilet in this price category.
Clean Caps are used in the construction – plugs with reliable fixation.
- Clean Caps are used in the construction – plugs with reliable fixation. They make the toilet as smooth as possible.As for design, series Portrait – the embodiment of French charm. It is made taking into account all the peculiarities of provanza. The model has soft sculptural lines, like the old furniture sets, but at the same time universal enough to meet the needs of modern man. A room in the style of provence disposes to maximum relaxation. Therefore its central object should be a shaped bath from the Kohler Portrait collection. As a last resort, you can go around a table under the sink with carved supports.
- When ordering as a gift, you get a soft seat with Grip-Tight padding. They ensure silent opening/closing of the lid and prevent it from sliding
Kohler K-6300-0 Veil
Choosing the best kohler toilet can not go without a view on the K-6300-0. This monolithic hanging toilet is a real find for the owner of a small bath. It is attached to the wall, or rather, to a special partition that hides the pipes, taps, cords and tank. This arrangement and miniature size saves up to 12 inches of space. In addition, the wall construction is hygienic. Usually the area near the floor toilet can not be cleaned 100%, with the K-6300-0 such a problem will not arise. Also this type of equipment is famous for its durability. After all, all functional elements are hidden in the wall and protected from dirt, dust, moisture.
- The model has an additional opening for a heated seat, a bidet C3-201. And with the help of buttons you can independently adjust the amount of water when draining.
- It is desirable to install the toilet bowl before laying tiles, which should begin depending on the location of the drain button.
- It is worth noting the silent operation mode of K-6300-0. As all the details are hidden, the sound of water when draining and filling the tank is practically absent. Optionally, the installation can be fitted with soundproofing materials.
Kohler K-77795-0 Eir
One of the novelties on Amazon, where you can get the best toilets to buy. K-77795 came on sale in January 2020, already having in its arsenal all the advantages of “smart” technology. It is a compact, streamlined, monolithic toilet with an integrated cleaning system. It is made of high strength sanitary porcelain with a dense vitreous coating. This material provides an incredibly smooth, glossy surface that is free from moisture and dirt. In addition, the glaze protects sanitary ware from mechanical damage and adverse effects of household chemicals.
Main characteristics of K-77795-0:
- Double drain per 0.8 or 1.0 gallon.
- The bowl is filled before use for more efficient rinsing after flushing.
- Comfort Height (17-19 inches from bowl to floor) for easier use for the elderly.
- “Sprayer Stick” is made of stainless steel. It provides all user defined parameters: position, water pressure, ripple, oscillating motion.
- The operation mode assumes the use of warm water.
- The special EIR filtration system cleans the water used in the bidet operation. It removes residual chlorine and heavy metals.
- LED lighting is available as an emergency “night light”.
- In the event of a power outage, the model retains the performance of a standard toilet.
The construction has a reinforced disinfection system. This is particularly important in the light of recent events. At the touch of a button you activate the functions of electrolysis flushing and UV disinfection. The first action turns the dissolved salts into a slightly acidic solution that kills bacteria. The second action is the interaction of UV rays with the coating of the inner surface of the toilet.
If you want to make the best kohler toilet from K-77795-0, add a twist. The company offers unique seats in bronze and pink gold for this model. But they need to be ordered separately.
Kohler K-3837-0 Devonshire
Two-section kohler elongated toilet. Works in Gravity Flush mode – the most popular flush system in the world. Gravity flushes have been in use for over 100 years, which only strengthens their market position. As the name suggests, these products rely on the natural gravity force that creates a trap effect by sucking the waste down into the sewer line. They make much less noise than pressurized models, but may require a second drain for complete cleaning.
Water consumption is 1.28 gallons. If you want a kohler 1.6 gallon toilet, pay attention to K-3978-T-0.
- The design of the Devonshire collection, which includes the K-3837, embodies centuries of British tradition. The English style is often compared to the classic – it is just as mature and elegant.
- If you want to add a touch of British charm to your room, complement K-3837 with matching sanitary ware and accessories. Start with faucets, towel holders and pen holders. English style requires minimalist forms to be avoided. Choose from ornate silhouettes with a bright metallic shine. Such surfaces are harder to care for, but this is well compensated for by the visual aesthetics.
Kohler K-3551-0 Archer
The K-3551 combines exceptional performance with high quality. It consists of two parts: an elongated bowl K-4356 and a tank K-4431. The standard chrome lever is on the left side. The model, like the kohler elmbrook toilet, runs on a Single-flush gravity system. This means that all types of waste are flushed with the same amount of water.
The design also includes kohler aquapiston technology. It allows water to flow into the bowl from all sides (360 degrees), increasing the power and efficiency of flushing.
The toilet is part of the Archer collection.
- It is distinguished by its jewellery accuracy, as if it had been handcrafted by skilled wood carvers. Beveled edges, curved lines will give you a real aesthetic. It is noteworthy that the Archer model will harmoniously fit into any interior design. Whether it’s country, eclectic, ecostyle, Shabbi-chic, loft or fusion.
- The seat is not included. You can buy it separately by choosing between Purefresh with built-in freshener and padding, Cachet with Grip-Tight retention pads and Quick-Release hinges, C3-230 with bidet function and others.
Kohler K-3940-96 Kathryn
Porcelain monolithic WC with best toilet bowl oval shape. Comfort Height dimensions, silent soft seat Glenbury, smooth chrome flush handle, Clean Caps for easy cleaning, large AquaPiston valve allowing water to flow in all directions without obstacles. You’ll get it all for less than $900.
- But the most important thing about the K-3940 is its design. This is the best kohler toilet for those in search of affordable luxury. Creating the model, the developers were inspired by the Kohler 1929 exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and Neo Baroque interiors. From classical baroque, this style has taken on fantastic decor, expression, steep curves and some theatricality. All this is complemented by modern materials: synthetic fabrics, various types of plastic, coloured glass, metal, acrylic.
If your choice fell on K-3940, it is better to decorate the room accordingly.
Pay attention to the palette. The background should be gentle and calm. But for accents you will need multi-faceted and saturated colors. Dark blue, crimson, emerald, purple, silver, gold – any of them will create a feeling of celebration. In decoration, actively use marble, granite, wood or bases imitating them (if budget does not allow).
A special place is given to lighting – bright neon lights are combined with muted crystal wall lamps. Such luminaires can be found in the Kathryn collection.
Why should I buy a smart toilet?
Innovation drives WC design forward and defines its functionality. Each year, these appliances consume less water, become easier to operate and yet look like a contemporary art museum piece.
What is the best toilet? This is the question asked by all plumbing companies in the 21st century. In order to outrun their competitors, they hire specialists from fields that many have not even heard of. For example, from the field of tribology. It’s a physics section that investigates friction, wear and lubrication.
Forget about the usual image of the plumber – you have to deal with very different specialists!
Just imagine: you wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. As soon as you enter the room, the best kohler toilet starts to illuminate, the soft pleasant music you have chosen in advance is turned on, the lid rises and the lighting on the floor also turns on. You press the illuminated area with your foot and the bezel rises. When you have done all the work, the sensor switches on the flush, lowers the bezel and lid. The toilet is able to determine whether you are sitting or standing. If you sit for more than a minute, it drains the water longer than usual.
If you are passionate about technological innovations and want to simplify your life, a smart plumber will be your loyal assistant.
Once again about the functionality
Absolutely all smart-models have an electronic unit that controls the components and systems of the equipment. This can be done in automatic mode or according to settings preset by the user. In the first case, the control unit selects the required action itself based on the data from the integrated sensors. The second option involves control by means of a fixed panel, buttons or a sensor.
You can set any operation scenario as standard or via smartphone, tablet, laptop and other gadgets using Bluetooth. Specifically, you can create a tracklist, adjust the head and temperature of the bidet jet, flavor the air and much more.
With smart plumbing, you’ll use less toilet paper, so there’s no clog toilet. Whereas conventional quick flush toilets can cause clogged pipes.
How to choose?
Before you buy a smart toilet, think about which features are most important to you and how much you are willing to spend. You should also decide on the size and how much a toilet weigh you need.
Some smart toilets require a major overhaul of your plumbing. You need to install water filters and pressure regulators and a voltage stabilizer. A special installation will be required for the quality of the elevator, which ensures the lifting and lowering of the lid.
However, there are other options. They do not need to use a water tank to perform a quality flushing or installation in the wall. Instead, a computer-controlled valve is used, for which the pressure in the standard city water supply network is sufficient.
If you need to integrate such a toilet into the overall Smart Home system, you will need unique software. But there’s nothing unusual about it. Any experienced installer or programmer will solve the problem in minutes.
The cost of a smart toilet with a basic set of functions starts at $3,500-$4,000. In addition, the installation service must be paid for separately.
Technology of the future
A smart toilet is not a luxury, but a diagnostic tool. That’s what scientists at Stanford University think. They developed the best toilet to date. The device not only performs its standard tasks, but also is able to detect diseases.
This medical analyzer is no different from a normal toilet. But it is only at first sight. So, the device investigates faeces and urine, recording the results on video. The built-in algorithms then reveal the differences between healthy and unhealthy excretions. The biochemical analysis uses test strips.
The existing model can recognize ten markers (level of certain proteins, number of leukocytes, etc.).
The toilet can identify the user by fingerprints on the drain button. If the person has never touched it, the anus scanner will help to identify the user (after all, the anal fingerprint is unique).
According to the developers, the device should not be considered as an alternative to medical examination. The idea is that the device will not report the analysis data to anyone, even the user. If it detects abnormalities, it will send a notice to the hospital, providing doctors with information for further action.
Such a toilet will be especially useful for people with genetic predisposition to cancer.
You can be interested in The best home security system as well.